The Sashiko Workshops in Tribeca (in 2017) was a great success. I have received so many positive reviews, and I get so many requests to come back to Tribeca to offer another workshop. I’ve been talking to a great partner when would be a possible time to offer the next Sashiko Workshops. Here is a Sashiko Workshop Schedule 2018 in New York City.
A whole view of Sashiko Workshop Schedule 2018
Please register yourself for the workshops in 2018.
As of now, we are thinking to offer one workshop weekend in Spring, and one workshop weekend in Summer. I will most likely offer it in July or August, and possibly offer them in April depends on the needs. Please contact me if you are interested in taking the workshop in NYC, Manhattan Tribeca Area, in April. The more people contact me, the more likely to offer them in April, too.
Sashiko Stitching Workshop (Basic&Core)
- January 13th, Saturday, 10 am to 1 pm for 3 hours | Great success! Thank you.
- April 21st, Saturday, 10 am to 1 pm for 3 hours | Sold Out & Great Success
- April 22nd, Sunday, 2 pm to 5 pm for 3 hours | Sold Out & Great Success.
- July 21st, Saturday, 10 am to 1:15 pm for 3 hours + α | Great success! Thank you.
- July 21st, Saturday, 2:45 am to 6 pm for 3 hours + α | Great success! Thank you.
- July 22nd, Sunday, 2 pm to 5:15 pm for 3 hours + α | Great success! Thank you.
- Nov.17th, Saturday, 2:30 pm to around 6 pm for 3 hours + α | Sold Out. Thank you.
- Nov.18th, Sunday, 2:30 pm to around 6 pm for 3 hours + α | Sold Out. Thank you.
- Dec. 8th, Saturday, 9:30 am to around 1 pm for 3 hours + α | Open to Enrollment
- Dec. 8th, Saturday, 3 pm to around 6:30 pm for 3 hours + α | Open to Enrollment
- Dec. 9th, Sunday, 1 pm to around 4:30 pm for 3 hours + α | Open to Enrollment
Hitomezashi Sashiko Workshop (Advanced)
*Prerequisite: Sashiko Stitching Workshop (Basic&Core)
- January 14th, Sunday, 2 p to 5 pm | 3 hours | Great success! Thank you.
- July 22nd, Sunday, 9:45 pm to 12:45 pm for 3 hours | Great success! Thank you.
For those who cannot travel to NYC, Online Sashiko Workshop is a possibility. Please fulfill the form to inform us about the preferences. The more preference we have, the easier it is to offer the Online Workshop.
So much Passion. So Grateful to offer the Workshop.
As you know, Sashiko has been part of my life.
It is so interesting to receive so much passion Sashiko. The Sashiko arts we create are getting popular, and I am so happy that the people would like to learn our technique and culture. Over the Sashiko Workshops in Tribeca, November 2017, we had a TV crew to film a short introduction of Sashiko in the United States. Atsushi will be on TV.
Be part of our Sashiko group (before Atsushi gets so busy… just kidding) by checking the Sashiko Workshop Schedule 2018.
Always, the goal is to share the fun of Sashiko
Regardless of the popularity of our Sashiko art or Sashiko culture, the goal is always the same. “We would like to share the fun culture of Sashiko.”
In order to introduce what Sashiko is, we offer the free Youtube Video as well as the articles on this website. However, in order to “feel” the fun of Sashiko, participating the workshop is the best way.
Every time, we get more confident that what we offer can satisfy anyone who is interested in Sashiko, even for those who have some Sashiko experience already. There is no such a thing as “right” or “wrong” in Sashiko. However, there is techniques we developed over time to make it more beautiful, easy, and after all enjoyable.
Please consider our workshop as an opportunity to enjoy Sashiko more.
If you don’t know anything about Sashiko, it is the great way to start. If you already know about Sashiko, then it is a great way to add the technique and knowledge to your art-work.
We had had more than 20 workshops in the previous year, with almost 100 people participated.
There are no negative reviews in our brief “after workshop questioner”. We are getting confident in what we do!!
Sashiko Workshop Schedule 2018 | Let us plan more
Since the instructor Atsushi is located in the central PA, where is about 4 hours of driving away from NYC, we cannot offer the workshops every weekend (We wish we could!). In addition, Atsushi’s main role, for now, is to be a stay-at-home father. Realistically speaking, offering Sashiko Workshops 3 ~ 4 times a year is a reasonable amount to plan the schedule.
However, we are willing to offer as many workshops as possible. Even more than 4 times per year if there is a need.
In order to do so, we need a certain amount of participant in the workshops. We would like to know how many people in the East Coast are willing to join the Sashiko Workshops. Please share your passion by posting comments here and/or registering yourself to our mailing list with checking “Yes” to the workshop notification.
We are looking forward to meeting you!