Thank you for visiting the Sashiko Store. Our goal is to introduce the beauty of Sashiko & its concept, “Caring and Appreciation”. We strive to provide the Best Quality Supplies and materials for your Sashiko or hand-crafting projects.
I would like to make ourselves more than just a store. Once you purchase in this Sashiko Store, you already contribute to our goals. I will support you as much as I can regarding Sashiko.
The Sashiko Store where you can ask for support regarding Sashiko
- We will have several days of no-shipping in 2022 and 2023. I apologize for the inconvenience & thank you for your understanding.
- Atsushi will be out for workshops from 2/22/2023 to 2/26/2023. Any orders placed between Feb.21st to Feb 26th will be processd after Feb. 27th accordingly.
【Update Regarding Covid-19】
- For International Orders: We continue accepting an international order with following the necessary procedure & USPS policy. Please check if your country is NOT in the list of “Temporary Suspension from USPS delivery“.
- Shipping Fee to the international orders: Some items may show the “Shipping Free” option. However, this offer is only for the “US Domestic Shipping Address”. Atsushi will contact you after you complete the order. If the order total include the International Shipping, then the order is completed. No further action is required.
- We continue offering the fast & caring packaging services. In most cases, the package will be shipped on the next business day of your order. However, depends on my family situation, the package may be delayed by a few days. If you have not received the “Shipping Completion” email with tracking within 3 business days or so, PLEASE CHECK the email from “sashikoatsushi●gmail.com”.
- For Packaging, I am happy to change our packaging to “Plastic Free Packaging“. Please read the detail here, and let us know if you prefer that way.
Boro Tapestry / Artwork
In our understanding, "Boro" is the ultimate result of numerous repetition of Sashiko Mending. Enjoy the beauty of "Fresh-Boro" that we recreate with respecting the Japanese who used to do this for their days.
We strive to provide the all of the essential items you would need to enjoy Sashiko including supplies, tools, and materials.
Please read the articles why you would like to choose the supplies from us.
If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. From time to time, the item is invisible because of limited stock in our storage. I can let you know the re-stocking time and more information.
Also, please ask if you have an item you would like to get. We can try to find it from Japan.
Shop Policies | The Sashiko Store
Shipping and Handling
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Domestic: 2~5 business days via USPS
- International: 3~25 business days via USPS or Japan Post
I’ll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee the accuracy of timing. Most of the order will be shipped out within a few days unless there are no announce made. The actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Depending on the order contents and destination, the package may be shipped out from Japan (For tracking the international package tracking number starting with “RX” or “EN”, please check the Japan Post Tracking Tool).
Customs and Import Taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply, and all the process required. We are not responsible for delays due to customs. We cannot solve the case from a foreign country when the issue occurs. Of course, we will provide the documents required.
We strive to deliver the best items for your Sashiko experience. Please contact us if we can help to improve your experience here.
We would accept exchanges:
- Contact me within 5 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- For cancellation of the order, I accept it before the order has shipped out unless specifically mentioned such as “one of the kind” item order.
We will not accept returns unless the item is defective:
- We do not accept returns for the reason of Color Preference. I do my best to match the color of thread and the listed photo. However, each display screen may show different color than I expected. In addition, the color of Natural & Hand Dye items varies in each pod (batch). Thank you for your understanding.
*However, regardless of the policy above, please contact me if you encounter any problems. We will do our best to be reasonable to your request.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Custom or Personalized Orders
- Digital Downloads
- Items on Sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Workshop Refunds & Transfers
All deposits and balances for classes, workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. However, we understand that emergencies happen, so if you are unable to attend a workshop that you have paid-in-full, and you cancel with more than thirty (30) days notice before a scheduled workshop, you may request to credit or transfer the all of the total workshop fees to another class or workshop within 12 months of request. If you cancel within Thirty (30) days of a scheduled workshop, you will forfeit your entire tuition unless notified.
In the unfortunate events that Upcycle Stitches LLC must cancel the Workshop, classes, and event due to unforeseen circumstances, Upcycle Stitches LLC will refund the cost of registration for the workshop, class, and events. However, Upcycle Stitches LLC does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.
It isn’t our intention, and we try everything to avoid this, but please be advised that following: Upcycle Stitches LLC reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule. If a class is canceled, students may choose to receive a full refund or may transfer – with no fee – to another class or workshop. If Upcycle Stitches LLC cancels for any reason, all payments can be refunded.
It is strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance, which can protect you by refunding monies paid if you need to cancel your trip due to an emergency. Travel insurance is very affordable and can protect you in other ways as well. Course Changes or Cancellations
Registrant acknowledges that registration and participation are voluntary and that by registering for this workshop/class that he/she is solely responsible for any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained on the premises or any location where any workshop/class is being conducted.
We will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information below.
- To communicate with you about the order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (such as paying Taxes) if necessary.
Thank you for shopping with our Sashiko Store!