Thank you for finding our Sashiko Store. Every item we provide is made in Japan!
The Sashiko Store where you can ask for support regarding Sashiko
Our goal is to introduce the beauty of Sashiko & a concept of Sashiko, “Caring and Appreciation”. We strive to provide the Best Quality supply and materials for your Sashiko or hand-crafting projects.
Yes. We are one of the Online Stores. However, we would like to make ours more than just a store. Once you purchase in this Sashiko Store, you already contribute to our goals. We will support you as much as we can regarding Sashiko. We care about our customers, and we appreciate our supporters.
Thank you for being a part of such a beautiful culture.
Sashiko Denim Preview Workshop
It is an honor to be part of "75 Collective" in December 2018. In addition to offering our regular Sashiko Stitching Workshop (Core & Basic) at 75 Collective, the organizer of the event and I came up an idea of sharing the very preview of what Sashiko is like by offering short-term workshop, about one-hour length. Here is what I come up with to introduce Sashiko & its application to Denim you have.
What you can expect
With provided materials, you will learn how to transfer or draw the basic pattern of Japanese traditional geometric pattern to the Denim Swatch. Then, Atsushi will share how you can patch the swatch to your favorite Denim. It is a very quick introduction of Sashiko & the process of applying Sashiko to the denim
Please bring your own denim with a hole or tear.
Please contact me if you prefer bring the Denim without any hole or torn. The denim with more damage would be fun to work with.
Sashiko Artist, Atsushi, will introduce the quick preview of what Sashiko is for the first few minutes. After that, we will prepare the Denim Patch together, then start Sashiko stitching on the Denim you bring.
- Saturday, December 8th, 1:20 pm to 2:30 pm | about 1 hour
- Sunday, December 8th, 10 am to 11:10 pm | about 1 hour
List of materials included to the fee
- 1 Sashiko Needle
- 1 Sashiko Thimble (Round Shape)
- A skein of Sashiko Thread
- 1 piece of Denim Swatch ( x )
- 1 sheet of transfer paper ( x )
- 1 sheet of Mylar paper ( x )
- Some Japanese geometric Pattern
*Total Value of $35.00 or more
- The workshop will be held on a stage in the event venue. The workshop will be somewhat loud and energetic. Only the participants who registered this workshop can receive the package of materials, instructions, and answers to the questions. However, anyone who visit the event can view what we do and I will answer the general questions from the visitors.
- I will NOT teach how to use the Sashiko thimble and the Sashiko needle. I will share how to use them, but will not check if you follow the posture or not.
- Because of (1) and (2), if you are interested in Sashiko Stitching and more personal attention with learning how to use the thimble and needle, please consider signing up to the Sashiko Stitching Workshop (Core & Basic). Same weekend & the same building (but in a private space in the different room).
- *The minimum numbers of participants: 3 participants | I will do my best to advertise the workshop.
We strive to provide the all of the essential items you would need to enjoy Sashiko including supplies, tools, and materials.
Please read the articles why you would like to choose the supplies from us.
If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. From time to time, the item is invisible because of limited stock in our storage. I can let you know the re-stocking time and more information.
Also, please ask if you have an item you would like to get. We can try to find it from Japan.
Shop Policies | The Sashiko Store
Shipping and Handling
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Domestic: 2~5 business days via USPS
- International: 3~10 business days via USPS or Japan Post
I’ll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee the accuracy of timing. Most of the order will be shipped out within a few days unless there are no announce made. The actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Depending on the order contents and destination, the package may be shipped out from Japan.
Customs and Import Taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
We strive to deliver the best items for your Sashiko experience. Please contact us if we can help to improve your experience here.
We would accept exchanges:
- Contact me within 5 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- For cancellation of the order, I accept it before the order has shipped out unless specifically mentioned such as one of the kind order.
We will not accept returns unless the item is defective:
However, please contact me if you encounter any problems. We will do our best to be reasonable to your request.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Custom or Personalized Orders
- Digital Downloads
- Items on Sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Workshop Refunds & Transfers
All deposits and balances for classes, workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. However, we understand that emergencies happen, so if you are unable to attend a workshop that you have paid-in-full, and you cancel with more than thirty (30) days notice before a scheduled workshop, you may request to credit or transfer the all of the total workshop fees to another class or workshop within 12 months of request. If you cancel within Thirty (30) days of a scheduled workshop, you will forfeit your entire tuition unless notified.
In the unfortunate events that Upcycle Stitches LLC must cancel the Workshop, classes, and event due to unforeseen circumstances, Upcycle Stitches LLC will refund the cost of registration for the workshop, class, and events. However, Upcycle Stitches LLC does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.
It isn’t our intention, and we try everything to avoid this, but please be advised that following: Upcycle Stitches LLC reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule. If a class is canceled, students may choose to receive a full refund or may transfer – with no fee – to another class or workshop. If Upcycle Stitches LLC cancels for any reason, all payments can be refunded.
It is strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance, which can protect you by refunding monies paid if you need to cancel your trip due to an emergency. Travel insurance is very affordable and can protect you in other ways as well. Course Changes or Cancellations
Registrant acknowledges that registration and participation are voluntary and that by registering for this workshop/class that he/she is solely responsible for any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained on the premises or any location where any workshop/class is being conducted.
We will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information below.
- To communicate with you about the order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (such as paying Taxes) if necessary.
Thank you for shopping with our Sashiko Store!