Our Sashiko Store sells every essential item you would need to enjoy Sashiko. If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. We will try to find it from Japan.
Sashiko Starter Set 2017
We prepared a package of Sashiko materials, supplies and tools for people who would like to try Sashiko from scratch. What you need to prepare is a ballpoint pen or a tracing wheel.
A good quality fabric (Indigo Dye) is included to the package so you can start the Sashiko project to make Sashiko Tote-bag, Sashiko Luncheon Mat or Several Coasters.
For those who are concerned with the techniques and actual stitching or other process, many online tutorials are available for free. Also, we will make other tutorials if you have questions regarding Sashiko and this set.
The set include;
- Indigo Dyed Fabric | Cotton 100% / 24.5" x 11"
- Cotton Poplin Fabric (for back fabric usgae) / 24.5" x 11"
- Mylar Paper (for transferring the pattern)
- Chakopee Carbon Paper (for transferring the pattern)
- Safety Pins (for transferring the pattern)
- Sashiko Patterns | 4 of traditional patterns
- Sashiko Thread | 145 meter | Cotton 100% | #10 - Original White
- 3 Sashiko needles and 1 Sashiko thimble
- Itomaki Bobbin Paper (For keeping Sashiko thread in a good shape)
*The color of thread can be changed based on your request. If there are no special request, the Original White color (#10) will be in the package.
One of a kind item on Etsy Sashiko Store
Some of the “One-of-a-Kind” products, especially the Sashiko Fabric, are sold on our Etsy Store for marketing purpose. If you are interested in Sashiko fabric and some finished products, please take a look at our Etsy Store as well.