Thank you for finding our Sashiko Store. Every item we provide is made in Japan!
The Sashiko Store where you can ask for support regarding Sashiko
Our goal is to introduce the beauty of Sashiko & a concept of Sashiko, “Caring and Appreciation”. We strive to provide the Best Quality supply and materials for your Sashiko or hand-crafting projects.
Yes. We are one of the Online Stores. However, we would like to make ours more than just a store. Once you purchase in this Sashiko Store, you already contribute to our goals. We will support you as much as we can regarding Sashiko. We care about our customers, and we appreciate our supporters.
Thank you for being a part of such a beautiful culture.
GGrippo & Atsushi | Sashiko Workshop in Brooklyn
Special Event Information!
GGrippo hosts Atsushi's Sashiko Workshop, as a part of their exhibiion "Tinted (by Nature)", in the beautiful gallery in Brooklyn.
Date & Time:
April 21st, Saturday | start at 4 pm for 3 1/2 hours.
GGrippo art+studio | 174 Grand St Brooklyn NY 11211,
Notes: Please read before purchasing the seat for the workshop.
- The workshop has the minimum of 3 participants. If we don't meet this condition, we may cancel the event anytime before the workshop date. In a case of cancellation, all of your money will be refunded in full accordingly. We will try to communicate to you as much as possible.
- In the gallery, we proceed workshop with a Japanese-style table setting. There is a low table and cushions. Participants are expected to sit on the floor and stitch. Please contact me if you would need a chair. You are welcome to bring meditation pillow, too. It fits perfectly fine.
- Refund is available until the end of 4/18. No Refund after 4/18 and the ticket is only transferrable to the other participant.
- No previous Sashiko Experience is needed. Anyone can join the workshop.
- For those who have taken Atsushi's Sashiko Stitching Workshop: The contents of this event will be very similar to what you have experienced. I provide the same materials in this workshop.
Atsushi will share the basic & core Sashiko techniques so that the participants can continue enjoying Sashiko. It is a great opportunity to learn & review what Sashiko is. You will learn how to use Sashiko thimble, Sashiko needle, and then how to make beautiful Sashiko stitches
Also, Atsushi will talk about history and culture behind Sashiko. Sashiko and vintage & natural fabric is like a peanut butter and jelly. It completes when both of them are together. In a beautiful setting in the GGRippo gallery, Atsushi will also talk about how Sashiko can affect the way of thinking throughout "mindfulness."
The workshop comes with:
- Natural Dye Sashiko Thread | 1 skein of your choice
- Sashiko needles
- Sashiko thimble
- Skein of white sashiko thread (approx. 145 meters)
- Sashiko Thread Bobbin Paper
- Indigo dye fabric with Asano-ha patterns printed on
- Interfacing and Cotton Poplin fabric for tailoring the project at home
This workshop will qualify you to take another advanced Sashiko workshops by Atsushi & Upcycle Stitches.
Sashiko in viduals | Sashiko Youtube Channel: Sashi.Co
Check our Sashiko Stitching | Ad video for Atsushi's regular Sashiko workshop. You will get very similar workshop at GGrippo art+studio.
We strive to provide the all of the essential items you would need to enjoy Sashiko including supplies, tools, and materials.
Please read the articles why you would like to choose the supplies from us.
If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. From time to time, the item is invisible because of limited stock in our storage. I can let you know the re-stocking time and more information.
Also, please ask if you have an item you would like to get. We can try to find it from Japan.
Shop Policies | The Sashiko Store
Shipping and Handling
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Domestic: 2~5 business days via USPS
- International: 3~10 business days via USPS or Japan Post
I’ll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee the accuracy of timing. Most of the order will be shipped out within a few days unless there are no announce made. The actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Depending on the order contents and destination, the package may be shipped out from Japan.
Customs and Import Taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
We strive to deliver the best items for your Sashiko experience. Please contact us if we can help to improve your experience here.
We would accept exchanges:
- Contact me within 5 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- For cancellation the order, I accept it before the order has shipped out unless specifically mentioned such as one of the kind order.
We will not accept returns unless the item is defective:
However, please contact me if you encounter any problems. We will do our best to be reasonable to your request.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Custom or Personalized Orders
- Digital Downloads
- Items on Sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information below.
- To communicate with you about the order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (such as paying Taxes) if necessary.
Thank you for shopping with our Sashiko Store!