Thank you for finding our Sashiko Store. Every item we provide is made in Japan!
The Sashiko Store where you can ask for support regarding Sashiko
Our goal is to introduce the beauty of Sashiko & a concept of Sashiko, “Caring and Appreciation”. We strive to provide the Best Quality supply and materials for your Sashiko or hand-crafting projects.
Yes. We are one of the Online Stores. However, we would like to make ours more than just a store. Once you purchase in this Sashiko Store, you already contribute to our goals. We will support you as much as we can regarding Sashiko. We care about our customers, and we appreciate our supporters.
Thank you for being a part of such a beautiful culture.
Customized (Sashiko) Mending on your Favorite Denim
Atsushi, a Sashiko Repair Artist, offers a customized Sashiko Mending on your Denim (or any other fabric Sashiko can be done.)
Sashiko is a form of Japanese hand-stitching to mend, repair, strength and decorate the fabric. In order to implement Sashiko to the current society, we decided to share what we can do. We will listen to you, your preference and your idea, then will perform Sashiko & other necessary hand-stitching to make your garment (denim, jeans) more cool, beautiful, strong, durable, and completely unique.
- Base Custom | $490.00 | Jeans have 4 spaces to work on, front 2 legs and back 2 legs. Base custom include custom Sashiko mending on 2 side of your choice (or Atsushi's recommendation) based on the proposal we make initially.
- Full Custom | $790.00 | Atsushi will perform Sashiko mending all of your denim based on the proposal we make initially.
- Ultimate Custom | $1,200 | Atsushi will continue Sashiko until you are completely done with it. This include extending the sleeve, cut&paste the Japanese vintage fabric, and Boro-inspired Sashiko stitching as well.
USA Domestic Shipping (USPS Priority Mail) is included to the price. Please read the terms and condition below before you mail your jeans to us.
Even though this is all hand-stitching by a professional and it will take more than 20 hours to complete a project, $300 plus is not easy to invest in a pair of jeans.
I just started this project to see if I can contributed to the upcycle, repurpose, and sustainable cloth industry. It is much more important for me to get opportunities than making a profit for this time.
So, here is a promotional deal.
Please read these favors from me as agreement. If you are okay to follow and accept the list, we will offer the Base custom with 50%+ OFF.
- Permission to Atsushi to use photos/videos of the mending project on our SNS & Youtube Live before, in the process, and after the project.
- Review from you on your website and/or our review page.
- Post photos on your SNS account to share & tag the finished project to advertise what we completed as Sashiko Mending Project.
- Read and be aware of my understanding to Sashiko and Boro
- Promise that you wear the jeans I serviced continuously. I believe Sashiko shines the most in the daily usage.
"Trial" One Spot Promotion Deal:
I set the flat service fee for the promotion period. This fee includes one major hole OR several small holes repair. You may refer my previous works and ask for the estimated fees if you want to have more.
With accepting promotional deal above, the price will become $100.00 including shipping from me. Please also read terms and condition before you send us your jeans.
*If you prefer to have the order-made Sashiko fabric to patch or have so many parts to "repair," I will do so with the regular price. I will give you the estimate so please send me the photos.
+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
Terms and Condition for the service:
- I may decide the kinds of Sashiko fabric I use in the project. I will probably not take order-made Sashiko fabric for this service. However, please let me know what kind of color you would like or what kind of pattern you would like since your preference is important for us.
- I will inform you how long it would take to get service done. It is NOT promised time frame. Please understand that it is just an estimate.
- Please send me the jeans AFTER washing it. I understand that some people do not wish to wash the jeans, but doing Sashiko on dirty jeans is very difficult.
- If you prefer to have Sashiko stitching on the new jeans, it may be possible based on your request.
- Please allow me to use your project on Youtube/Instagram Live Streaming
A Sample of Project Processing:
- Check the jeans condition such as the thickness of denim.
- Send the proposal for my plan, explaining what kind of Sashiko I do and what kind of thread I would use.
- Once agreed, I will start the actual stitching. I would like to you to make a payment at this point.
- I will keep updating the photos of my progress so you can redirect me if I am going in a wrong direction.
- After completing, I will send you the jeans back with USPS.
We strive to provide the all of the essential items you would need to enjoy Sashiko including supplies, tools, and materials.
Please read the articles why you would like to choose the supplies from us.
If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. From time to time, the item is invisible because of limited stock in our storage. I can let you know the re-stocking time and more information.
Also, please ask if you have an item you would like to get. We can try to find it from Japan.
Shop Policies | The Sashiko Store
Shipping and Handling
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Domestic: 2~5 business days via USPS
- International: 3~10 business days via USPS or Japan Post
I’ll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee the accuracy of timing. Most of the order will be shipped out within a few days unless there are no announce made. The actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Depending on the order contents and destination, the package may be shipped out from Japan.
Customs and Import Taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
We strive to deliver the best items for your Sashiko experience. Please contact us if we can help to improve your experience here.
We would accept exchanges:
- Contact me within 5 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- For cancellation the order, I accept it before the order has shipped out unless specifically mentioned such as one of the kind order.
We will not accept returns unless the item is defective:
However, please contact me if you encounter any problems. We will do our best to be reasonable to your request.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Custom or Personalized Orders
- Digital Downloads
- Items on Sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
We will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information below.
- To communicate with you about the order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (such as paying Taxes) if necessary.
Thank you for shopping with our Sashiko Store!