Thank you for finding our Sashiko Store. Every item we provide is made in Japan!
The Sashiko Store where you can ask for support regarding Sashiko
Our goal is to introduce the beauty of Sashiko & a concept of Sashiko, “Caring and Appreciation”. We strive to provide the Best Quality supply and materials for your Sashiko or hand-crafting projects.
Yes. We are one of the Online Stores. However, we would like to make ours more than just a store. Once you purchase in this Sashiko Store, you already contribute to our goals. We will support you as much as we can regarding Sashiko. We care about our customers, and we appreciate our supporters.
Thank you for being a part of such a beautiful culture.
Customized Traditional Sashiko on your Denim Jeans
Sashiko Up-cycle Artist, Atsushi, will perform the traditional Sashiko Stitching on your denim jeans. You may choose the pattern by yourself, and as of now, I have 2 patterns available.
The stitches will be done by hands. You may choose the color of thread from our Sashiko Thread collection. Please expect 30+ hours to complete the work.
How the order works
- Make an order to suit your need based on how much Sashiko you would like to have on your jeans. Please contact me if you have any questions for the pattern combination. I will try my best to accomodate your preferences. For example, you may want to have Asano-ha pattern on the front and the Shippou on the back. I will adjust the price for your need.
- Atsushi will make sure that we are on the same page. We will talk about the size of the pattern, the thread color, and the term I can have for the work. For now, all of the stitches will be single thread. If you prefer to have double thread for the bigger stitches, the additional fee for the thread will be charged.
- Atsushi ask you to mail your jean to me. Please read the "condition" before your shipment. We strongly prefer to do Sashiko on the used denim (not the new raw denim, please).
- Atsushi will update the process periodically, and then send you back when every process is completed.
The Available Patterns:
Asano-ha Pattern = Hemp Leaf Pattern: The Japanese believed that the Asano-ha pattern protect people (especially babies) from evil spirits.
Shippou Pattern: The pattern represents the 7 treasures in Buddhism. The Japanese used the Shippou pattern to wish the welfare.
A logo, A simple, or some letters may be available for the additional fee. Please contact me for the estimate and availability.
More photos can be found in our website.
Terms and Condition for the service:
- I will inform you how long it would take to get service done. It is NOT promised time frame. Please understand that it is just an estimate.
- Please send me the jeans AFTER washing it. I understand that some people do not wish to wash the jeans, but doing Sashiko on dirty jeans is very difficult.
- Please send me the USED jeans, that you wore for some period of time. It is for the purpose of Sashiko & debility of Sashiko. It is almost impossible to make Sashiko stitching on New and/or Raw Denim. If the condition doesn't meet, I may return the jean with a refund with appropriate deduction.
- Please allow me to work your project on Youtube/Instagram Live Streaming.
- Atsushi can have only 1 project per month or 2 months. If I receive the several orders, the rule of first come first serve will be applied (An order without discount will be processed in priority.)
Discount & Agreement for the Discount
When you agree to the condition below, I offer 30% discount for the any project. It is my first year to share this Sashiko stitching. It is much more important for me to get opportunities than making a profit for this time.
Thank you for your understating.
Discount Code: SASHIKO&DENIM30
- Permission to Atsushi to use photos/videos of the mending project on our SNS & Youtube Live before, in the process, and after the project.
- A Review from you on your website and/or our review page.
- Post photos on your SNS account to share & tag the finished project to advertise what we completed as Sashiko Mending Project.
- Read and be aware of my understanding to Sashiko and Boro
- Promise that you wear the jeans I serviced continuously. I believe Sashiko shines the most in the daily usage.
We strive to serve your preferences in mending your precious denim jeans or jacket to make it one-of-a- kind as well as wearable.
We strive to provide the all of the essential items you would need to enjoy Sashiko including supplies, tools, and materials.
Please read the articles why you would like to choose the supplies from us.
If you find that we don’t carry something you want, please contact us. From time to time, the item is invisible because of limited stock in our storage. I can let you know the re-stocking time and more information.
Also, please ask if you have an item you would like to get. We can try to find it from Japan.
Shop Policies | The Sashiko Store
Shipping and Handling
Estimated Shipping Times:
- Domestic: 2~5 business days via USPS
- International: 3~10 business days via USPS or Japan Post
I’ll do my best to meet these shipping estimates but cannot guarantee the accuracy of timing. Most of the order will be shipped out within a few days unless there are no announce made. The actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose. Depending on the order contents and destination, the package may be shipped out from Japan.
Customs and Import Taxes:
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. We are not responsible for delays due to customs.
We strive to deliver the best items for your Sashiko experience. Please contact us if we can help to improve your experience here.
We would accept exchanges:
- Contact me within 5 days of delivery
- Ship items back within 7 days of delivery
- For cancellation of the order, I accept it before the order has shipped out unless specifically mentioned such as one of the kind order.
We will not accept returns unless the item is defective:
However, please contact me if you encounter any problems. We will do our best to be reasonable to your request.
The following items cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Custom or Personalized Orders
- Digital Downloads
- Items on Sale
Conditions of return:
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
Workshop Refunds & Transfers
All deposits and balances for classes, workshops and artist demonstrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. However, we understand that emergencies happen, so if you are unable to attend a workshop that you have paid-in-full, and you cancel with more than thirty (30) days notice before a scheduled workshop, you may request to credit or transfer the all of the total workshop fees to another class or workshop within 12 months of request. If you cancel within Thirty (30) days of a scheduled workshop, you will forfeit your entire tuition unless notified.
In the unfortunate events that Upcycle Stitches LLC must cancel the Workshop, classes, and event due to unforeseen circumstances, Upcycle Stitches LLC will refund the cost of registration for the workshop, class, and events. However, Upcycle Stitches LLC does not assume responsibility for any additional costs, charges, or expenses; to include, charges made for travel and lodging.
It isn’t our intention, and we try everything to avoid this, but please be advised that following: Upcycle Stitches LLC reserves the right to cancel any class, limit class size, change class times or substitute instructors for those listed in the schedule. If a class is canceled, students may choose to receive a full refund or may transfer – with no fee – to another class or workshop. If Upcycle Stitches LLC cancels for any reason, all payments can be refunded.
It is strongly recommended that you purchase travel insurance, which can protect you by refunding monies paid if you need to cancel your trip due to an emergency. Travel insurance is very affordable and can protect you in other ways as well. Course Changes or Cancellations
Registrant acknowledges that registration and participation are voluntary and that by registering for this workshop/class that he/she is solely responsible for any loss, damage or injury, including death, that may be sustained on the premises or any location where any workshop/class is being conducted.
We will only use your shipping and billing address, and contact information below.
- To communicate with you about the order
- To fulfill your order
- For legal reasons (such as paying Taxes) if necessary.
Thank you for shopping with our Sashiko Store!