I am so honored to receive many compliments to my jeans after performing the Sashiko Denim Repair. Although I started mending my jeans as my hobby, I decided to offer the Sashiko Denim Repair Service for ones who can share my understandings to Sashko Stitching and Sashiko’s concept. I am sorry that there are so many conditions to agree before the actual repairing order. However, please understand it is necessary because all of the services will be done by hands, and I would need to rely on customer’s common sense for the better service.
This is the new service I provide out of my routine days. Before launching this as the official service, I would like to have a sort of probation period for myself, to see if this is satisfying service for the customers.
Outline of Sashiko Denim Repair Service
*This is the deal for Probation Period
This is a service Atsushi will repair your jeans with Sashiko stitching and Sashiko stitched fabric. (See sample of Sashiko stitched fabric).
If you are interested, please contact me first with photos of your favorite jeans with the hole(s) or tear(s) after reading this article and agreeing on the conditions. We will discuss the details, then I will send you the address to make a shipment to.
Here are some conditions.
- I may decide the kinds of Sashiko fabric I use in the project. I will probably not take order-made Sashiko fabric for this service. However, please let me know what kind of color you would like or what kind of pattern you would like since your preference is important for us.
- I will inform you how long it would take to get service done. It is NOT promised time frame. Please understand that it is just an estimate.
- I set the flat service fee for the probation period. This fee includes one big hole OR several small holes repairment. You may refer my previous works and ask for the estimated fees if you want to have more.
- Please send me the jeans AFTER washing it. I understand that some people do not wish to wash the jeans, but doing Sashiko on dirty jeans is very difficult.
- If you prefer to have Sashiko stitching on the new jeans, it may be possible based on your request.
- If you prefer to have the order-made Sashiko fabric to patch or have so many parts to “repair,” I will do so with the regular price. I will give you the estimate so please send me the photos.
- Please allow me to use your project in Youtube/Instagram Live Streaming
The fee for the Sashiko Denim Repair Service:
The regular price will be about $200 and up, depending on the repair I would need.
What is included in the fee
- Sashiko fabric patch needed in the repair service
- Labor fee for Atsushi
- Shipping (Priority Mail with USPS) Fee to return to you
Qualification for the Service
- Read and be aware of my understanding to Sashiko and Boro
- Willingness to upload the “before/after” photos of the service on your blog, SNS or Instagram with referring this description page and account.
- Permission for me to write about your order & work on your project on Live Streaming.
- Promise that you wear the jeans I serviced continuously. I believe Sashiko shines the most in the daily usage.
Sample of my results with Sashiko Denim Repair Service
I will keep adding my results and orders from customers.
It would be nice that someone in the world is wearing what I stitch & mend.
*Estimates is based on the jeans I worked on. It may vary depends on your preferences. I am happy to discuss your needs.
Sashiko Vintage Patchwork
Using the Japanese Vintage Fabric Swatches, makes the big fabric by patchworking it, then perform Sashiko and patch it on the Jeans.
You may design where and how to patch the fabric.
I will make the patchwork fabrics since the Japanese Vintage Fabric is very limited.
Fee Estimate: $650.00
Including materials and labor.
Sashiko has another purpose of strengthening the fabric. By me stitching directly onto your jeans, the fabric will be stronger and more durable.
All stitching is done by hand.
As of now, Asano-ha & Shippou Patterns are available.
1 leg 1 side: $180
1 leg both side: $300
Entire Jeans: $500
1 leg 1 side: $220
1 leg both side: $400
Entire Jeans: $650